Sunday, April 24, 2011

Gitana

Hey you guys, im going through this AMAZING phase, and I just have to talk about it.

So music right, my current life. Do you know how it started? Legend has it that a long long time ago....This is an ancient Greek legend okay. A long, long time ago there was this married couple who were so madly in love.

I dont know the details because ive watched it on tv and it was a really long time ago.

They were madly in love, bla bla bla, the wife was amazing, absolutely everything to the hubby, and he was everything to her as well. And then, a bad day came and the wife died young. The hubby, well he went mental. He went into grief and agony and just couldn't live. So he eased his pain when he discovered music, he was the first person who made music, or was it some god who handed him the first musical instrument? Okay whatever, he was the first person to make music. The musical instrument was a lyre and with it, he just started plucking the strings and over time, he created a melody so sad, it seemed magical.

Now he had to get his wife back. He just had to, and the only way he could do that was to go to the place where all the dead souls go to, hell a.k.a the underworld. And the ruler of the underworld was a cruel, vicious, unmerciful, dark, miserable, cold god by the name of Hades. The husband went to him and appealed to him, but Hades said no, he couldn't have his wife back, she was long gone. So then, the husband took his lyre out and started plucking, and when Hades heard the music, he started crying.

Hades! Crying! The coldest most darkest, no-feelings dude was crying!!!

So Hades said, okay you may take your wife back and all. But Hades was still a really mean person, so then he said that he could only get his wife back if he traveled out of the underworld (its a really hectic process to get to the underworld, not many mortals are able to do it when theyre alive) back to the top, without looking behind to see if his wife was following him.

And so the husband started his journey and a while later, he started doubting if his wife was really behind him, following. He wondered if he should trust Hades, the worst person in the world. His doubt, made him go nuts and temptation took over him. 'Is she behind me or not? Id probably never get to go back there again. Why should I trust Hades?' And then he turned around. And his wife was there. And she disappeared. She was gone for good. Then he started playing more and more and people around him started getting into it and here we are today.

Music comes from the word magic. Music is like, the tales of this century, I dont wanna exaggerate too much coz ive gone a wee bit sideways of the topic. But I feel sorry for the people who listen to music and are like, oh cool, nice beats, fun lyrics. Cool song.

FEEL THE MUSIC PEOPLE, FEEL IT!

Anyway, back to that amazing phase I was talking about, so I was listening to the song, Gypsy by Shakira. And I have no idea what happened but it suddenly hit me. I felt like I found myself. I felt free, wondering how it would be like to live as a gypsy.

Coz at that moment, what I did was, I dumped the past, just dumped it. Like it never happened, I just dumped everything and I felt like a new person, pure person. With like a huge zest for the future. Going forward, meeting amazing people, fall in love multiple times, not getting hurt coz lifes already hurt me, dance and sing and travel. It felt so good and so amazing. It was like, I could be happy again and follow the rules of life by breaking the rules of society. I mean, life is too short to be taken so seriously. Thats why I like kids, they are people who havent got their hearts broken yet and still dont know what its like. They can do anything without having to be pressured by the rules of society.

Go listen to the song. Nadal is topless in the music vid ;)

And soon, id be able to dump my past for a month and be a gypsy. But id have to come back to the past again which is currently my present. And ims o freaking lucky coz in the future, youd know what you were supposed to do in the past. It would be like a second chance to fix everything. I dont know until when this phase is gonna last, but as long as im having it, im gonna be really really happy.

Love U <3

"Walking gets too boring, when uve learned how to fly."

No comments: